Who is Boris OTTER ?
My name is Boris Otter, 54, married and father of 3 children (1 girl and 2 boys), I live in Geneva, Switzerland. Passionate about Aeronautics and Space, I resigned of my job as a professional firefighter at the SIS (Service d’Incendie et de Secours de Genève) to successfully follow, in english, an integrated airline transport pilot training school, in 2001-2002, with Swiss Aviation Training Ltd in Basel.
My goal is to participate as from 2024-2025 in a suborbital flight which will allow me to go into Space and to cross the Karman Line, located at 100km altitude, thus experiencing the Overview Effect, 3-4 minutes of weightlessness and obtaining the title of Commercial Astronaut. It will be possible for me, upon returning from the flight, to transmit and share the incredible lived experience and emotions thanks to the non-profit association Swiss Space Tourism.
I specify that I am neither an Astronaut nor a Cosmonaut, but that my only ambition is indeed to go into Space and thus to become a Space Tourist. I haven’t gone to Space yet, but here is my aeronautical journey to date :
- Private Cosmonaut Training and Zero-G Flight on board Ilyushin-76 MDK, Star City, Moscow (2016, 2018, 2019).
- Fully qualified Ramp Agent at Geneva Airport (2016).
- Gyrocopter Pilot, French License (2014).
- Fully qualified Flight Operations Dispatcher and Deputy Postholder Ground Operations in Business Aviation (2008).
- Fully qualified Station Manager for International Airlines at Geneva Airport (2006).
- Seaplane Pilot, Canadian License (2005).
- Airline Transport Pilot License, Switzerland JAR-ATPL (A) “Frozen” License (2002).
- Commercial Pilot License, CPL (A) (2002).
- Instrument Rating, IR (A) (2002).
- Night Flying (NF) (2002).
- Multi Crew Course (MCC) (2002).
- Multi Engine Piston (MEP) (2002).
- Helicopter Private Pilot License, PPL (H) (1996).
- Aerobatics (ACR) (1996).
- Aircraft Private Pilot License, PPL (A) (1994).
- Single Engine Piston (SEP) (1994).
- Flight experiences in military aircrafts : Sukhoï-27 (1994), Let-39 (1994) and PC7 (2021).
So, after dreaming of becoming an Astronaut/ Cosmonaut, Boris OTTER followed a good part of their training. After dreaming of meeting those Space Heroes, he had the privilege to see, meet, listen to and sometimes to discuss with some of the most Legendary of them as :
- Harrison SCHMITT (Astronaut Apollo 17).
- Charlie DUKE (Astronaut Apollo 16).
- Dave SCOTT (Astronaut Apollo 15).
- Alfred WORDEN, 1932-2020, (Astronaut Apollo 15).
- Buzz ALDRIN (Astronaut Apollo 11).
- Russell SCHWEICKART (Astronaut Apollo 9).
- Walter CUNNINGHAM, 1932-2023, (Astronaut Apollo 7).
- Kathy SULLIVAN (NASA Astronaut).
- Ellen OCHOA (NASA Astronaut).
- Chris HADFIELD (Canadian Astronaut).
- Alexei LEONOV, 1934-2019, (1st man to make an Extra Vehicular Activity, EVA).
- Youri ONUFRIENKO (Russian Cosmonaut).
- Youri BATURIN (Russian Cosmonaut).
- Sergei ZALYOTIN (Russian Cosmonaut).
- Gennady PADALKA (Russian Cosmonaut).
- Frank DE WINNE (ESA European Space Agency Chief).
- Claude NICOLLIER (1st and unique Swiss citizen to fly to Space 4x).
- Jean-François CLERVOY (French Astronaut, Zero-G flight Chief of Novespace).
- Mark KELLY (STS-134, 2011).
- Gregory JOHNSON (STS-134, 2011).
- Roberto VITTORI (STS-134, 2011).
- Michael FINCKE (STS-134, 2011).
- Andrew FEUSTEL (STS-134, 2011).
- Gregory CHAMITOFF (STS-134, 2011).
Photos Copyright : L’Illustré, photograph Blaise Kormann, April 2019.
Click here for any appointment request or additional information.